The Region also has 2nd place in Russia by number of compatriots resettled to the region. Kaluga Region takes one of the leading places in the State Program to Assist Resettlement of Compatriots Living Abroad.
Labor migration, including engagement of foreign labor is another source for labor supply. Annually, about 30,000 work permits and patents are issued to foreign specialists in Kaluga Region. Financial support is provided to enterprises participating in the Program Higher Mobility of Labor Resources.
The labor market of Kaluga Region has been remaining stable for more than 10 years thanks largely to the active policy to attract investments. More than 30,000 jobs have been created since 2006 in the region.
3rd place in the Central Federal District and 27th in the Russian Federation in terms of average monthly wages (January-June 2021).
46,575.7 rubles - average monthly accrued wages in the region (January-June 2021).
The unemployment rate in the region is noticeably lower - 0.6%.
The third place in the Central Federal District is occupied by the Kaluga region in terms of the share of employed citizens from the number of people who applied to the employment services. In the region, this figure exceeds 70%. 25 employment centers and 16 mobile counseling centers operate in the Kaluga region. Most popular recruiting agencies:
According to the forecast of human resources requirements in Kaluga Region for 2018-2025, at least 65,500 persons will be needed, among them 81 % required to replace those retiring. Almost 47,7% is the share of qualified workers in the aggregate structure of demand, 15,5 % is the share of specialists with higher professional education, and 14.9 % is the share of mid-tier specialists.
Kaluga Region became one of the first regions in Russia, where national system of qualifications is implemented. Agency for qualifications development was created in 2017 in Kaluga Region. The regional system of personnel training is actually at 100% oriented to the needs of the labor market.
Resource centers are now formed in the region to cover needs of the promising sectors of the regional economy. 3 multi-function centers of applied qualifications will train specialists in 2018.
- Resource center for construction at Kaluga Tsipulin Municipal and Construction College,
- Resource center for training and re-training specialists for automotive industry at Kaluga Technical College.
- Multi-function center of applied qualifications for agriculture at Governor’s Agrarian College.
Since 2010, dual educational system has been implemented in Kaluga Region:
- Practice-oriented training for automotive industry is implemented on the basis of Kaluga College of Information Technologies and Management and Kaluga Polytechnic College jointly with Volkswagen Group Rus LLC and PCMA Rus LLC.
- Training in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is provided at Kaluga Technical College jointly with Kaluga-Astral OJSC.
- Specialists in robotized milking are trained, re-trained and undergo further training at Kaluga College of National Economy and Environmental Engineering jointly with LELI Dutch Company, Yasnogorye Farms LLC.
- Students in Material Science and Strength of Materials are trained at Obninsk College of Technologies and Services jointly with NLMC-Kaluga LLC.
- Dual education system in various professions is also used at Kaluga Teachers College and at Lyudinovo Industrial College.